05.04.2020 - Coronavirus and NOC Impact: NOC’s Plans to Reopen
Coronavirus and NOC Impact: NOC’s Plans to Reopen
Northern Oklahoma College is planning to have in-person classes on all campus locations this fall. The campus leadership is working on a variety of plans to ensure the safety and well-being of our campus community remains the top priority.
The college will have detailed plans on what classroom sizes, structures and class schedules will look like later this summer. Additionally, detailed plans on campus housing, activities and events will also be shared when finalized.
NOC is planning to begin a phased reopening of the college. Most employees will conclude teleworking and return to campus on June 1 following social distancing and CDC guidelines. This plan aligns with phase three of the state’s reopening date for all workplaces while also considering the needs of vulnerable populations. NOC locations will continue to be closed to the public through June 30, but can be accessed by appointment with NOC employees if necessary.
Students are encouraged to enroll for the summer or fall semester either by contacting their advisors or by contacting NOC Enrollment Management at 580.628.6220 (Tonkawa), 580.548.2275 (Enid), or 580.628.6910 (Stillwater). All enrollment appointments are currently conducted by email, via Zoom, or over the phone (please leave a voicemail).Students needing to enroll in person may make appointments through the enrollment management office (see note above). For a complete listing of courses, students should refer to the NOC Live Course Availability on NOC’s website.
All college-related events, both on-campus and off, scheduled to occur prior to June 30 are suspended unless otherwise approved on a case-by-case basis. NOC will evaluate adding events for July 1 and beyond at a later date. For more information, monitor the website at www.noc.edu/events-cancellations.
To reiterate, the college schedule* is:
- Alternate instructional delivery with all NOC classes delivered online, March 30 through the remainder of the summer session
- Continue to follow the NOC Academic Calendar with the last day of the spring semester, May 8
- All final Spring grades are due Monday, May 11, by noon
- Summer Sessions with two options of synchronous Zoom or online to follow CDC guidelines: Early 6-week courses begin May 11 and Early 4-week courses begin June 8; Late 6-week courses begin June 22 and Late 4-week courses begin July 6
- All college-related events, both on-campus and off, scheduled to occur prior to June 30 are suspended
- Most employees will conclude teleworking and return to campus on June 1
- All NOC campuses will observe summer hours of operation working Monday through Thursday from May 11 through July 30, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
*Please note that any of these are subject to change with short notice as conditions are evaluated daily and this is a rapidly evolving situation.
Posted on Mon, May 4, 2020
by Shannon Lorg