While planning continues for a safe return to in-person instruction for the Fall 2020 semester, we have made decisions on changes for the instructional calendar that are intended to support our overall health and safety efforts. The fall semester is still set to begin August 17 and conclude on December 11.
- Summer operational hours will come to a close on July 30. All NOC campuses will be open Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. beginning August 3.
- All NOC students, staff, faculty, contractors, vendors, suppliers and visitors must wear a face covering (mask) on campus property.
- In light of current State and CDC recommendations, NOC Commencement for the Class of 2020 will be celebrated August 8 through a virtual ceremony. This ceremony will celebrate our entire Class of 2020 with our fall 2019, spring and summer 2020 graduates. Additional details are provided on our website www.noc.edu/graduation.
- Fall semester begins August 17. Students will have options for completely online courses, ITV courses (taught studio to studio for entire class connection), live online courses (taught during scheduled class times but open for students to log in via a personal device), or in-person instruction.
- If circumstances require, all classes will be moved to a virtual learning environment to ensure student and employee safety. Courses may also adjust at any time by moving specific class days to a virtual setting if needed to maintain safety standards.
- All classes that meet will follow social distancing guidelines with 6’ between each student and assigned seating. In classes where it may be more difficult to social distance with smaller rooms, fixed lab stations, and/or higher enrollment, instructors may rotate groups for physical attendance and virtual attendance and/or have physical lab days and virtual labs.
- All college-related activities and events, both on-campus and off, will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis based on the current State and CDC recommendations at that time and must be approved by the appropriate vice president and president. See Application for Campus Event.
- All non-college events, i.e., civic club meetings, reunions, weddings, camps, luncheons/banquets, on all three campuses are suspended for fall 2020 semester through January 11, 2021.
Posted on Thu, July 23, 2020
by Shannon Lorg