The mission of NOC Diversity Council is to assist in developing a culture of diversity acceptance across the campus community.
FY 2016-2017 Council Members
Eugene Smith, Chair; T. L. Walker, Gina Conneywerdy, Crys Davis, Elizabeth Gonzalez, Brandon Hobson, Greg Krause, Charmaine Munro, Dean Pearcy, Stephanie Scott, Milynda Wade, Diana Watkins; Sherryl Nelson; Barb Stadler; Bill Johnson; Scott Haywood
Ex-Officio: Dr. Cheryl Evans; Anita Simpson; Jason Johnson; Dr. Edwin Vineyard; Sheri Snyder; Dr. Shannon Cunningham; and Dr. Rick Edgington.
FY 2016 Charge
The Council will conduct monthly meetings to monitor progress. Responsibilities of the Council include the following:
- Achieve access and equity for historically underrepresented groups.
- Advocate for the recruitment and representation of diverse faculty and staff.
- Encourage diversity initiatives that enhance recruitment, retention, and engagement of diverse students throughout the college.
- Create a multicultural and inclusive environment for every member of the campus community
- Enhance community collaborations that support the interests of the college in the area of diversity and inclusion.
- Encourage faculty, staff, students and administrators to participate in the professional development opportunities.
- Develop curricular and co-curricular initiatives to prepare students for a diverse and global world.