- How Should I Apply?
Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA should be completed as soon as possible after January 1 each year. Only an official FAFSA can be used to calculate eligibility for aid. An official FAFSA must include:
· All signature requirements satisfied (including parents if required)
· All required questions completed (no blanks or incompletes)
· An official EFC must be calculated
- NOC’s school code is 003162 for all campuses.
- Get a PIN: You and your parent (if you are a dependent student) will need a U.S. Department of Education PIN to sign your FAFSA electronically.
- On the FAFSA application, use the IRS data retrieval process to obtain tax return information if you are eligible to do so and have filed your federal taxes online at least 2 weeks prior. Don’t make changes to the IRS data. If you have not filed taxes, provide estimated information to file your FAFSA early, then file your taxes as soon as possible and use an electronic process. After 2 weeks, make corrections to your FAFSA and use the IRS data retrieval process. Don’t make changes to the IRS data.
- If you are unable to use the IRS data retrieval process, request an IRS Tax Return Transcript shortly after filing your taxes.
When Should I Apply?
- Apply as soon after January 1 as possible and turn in required documents as quickly as possible.
- Why so early? NOC receives limited funding for the Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG) and Federal Work Study programs. Funding for state grants, including Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant (OTAG) is limited and earliest applicants receive priority for funds.
What Happens Next?
- You will receive confirmation from the U.S. Department of Education that you have completed the FAFSA. Be sure to review the information you submitted and make any corrections as needed.
- NOC will contact you by mail to let you know that we have received your FAFSA information and will request any additional information needed from you. Until we receive the requested information, your file will not be worked and you will not be awarded. Please respond promptly to information requested.