The Gateway Living Learning Program is a residential community designed for students enrolled through the NOC/OSU Gateway Program. You’ll live side-by-side with other students who are taking classes at NOC Stillwater and in the same hall as students taking classes at OSU where you’ll be provided resources that will promote your success in college. Together, you’ll participate in activities that promote student success at NOC Stillwater and successful transfer to OSU. You will strengthen self-awareness, social interaction, peer connections, academic excellence and leadership while giving back to OSU and the global community.
The Gateway LLP will assist students in transitioning into college by providing resources and activities designed to foster relationships with students, faculty & staff. Academic, financial and social programming will be provided throughout the year.
Benefits of the Gateway LLP are early move in access to campus before Cowboy Welcome Week begins, Pizza with NOC Profs during Welcome Week, one-on-one help with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), group mentorship with a successful Gateway student, and individual mentorship with an NOC faculty or staff member.
Expectations for Students in the Gateway LLP:
- Attend NOC Academic Coaching meeting the weekend before classes begin
- Meet NOC faculty or staff mentor once a month
- Meet with a Gateway Guide Peer Mentor once a month
- Meet with an OSU Financial Success Coach once a semester
- Meet with an OSU Campus Connection Coach once a semester
- Choose an OSU club or organization to join by midterm
- Attend 3-5 OSU activities per semester
- Attend Gateway LLP social meeting each semester