Interested in Learning More?
Phone: (580) 628.6340
Fax: (580) 628.6695
Wilkin Hall – Office 202
1220 E. Grand
Tonkawa, OK 74653
Cara Beth Johnson, Chair
Experience Business at Northern!
Why do some businesses succeed while others fail? What are the crucial skills needed to make a business profitable in today’s global marketplace? Searching for the answers to these questions? We have the answer – NOC Business Division!
Welcome to the NOC Business Division. Here you will find a community of students, faculty, staff, alumni and business partners dedicated to becoming the pre-eminent learning cantered community college business program in Oklahoma. Our business graduates play roles in just about every industry performing tasks such as managing operations, hiring and training employees, inventory management, managing computer systems and overseeing the day-to-day operations of an office. From providing office support, to learning to run your own business, to the most current accounting techniques, NOC’s business programs prepare you for an exciting career in this diverse global marketplace. Whether you wish to pursue a traditional program, night classes, real-time ITV, online or fast-track offerings, we have the right program to fit your needs.
Learning at NOC involves much more than taking courses. Our Kappa Beta Delta Honor Society is making a real difference by working with local charities and serving the community. Our Governor’s Cup Business Plan Competition team placed in the top 6 of all teams in Oklahoma for the Small Business division. Our Advisory Board works with the division to provide internships and job shadowing opportunities for students. And our study abroad programs allow students to experience business in other cultures around the world.
We are committed to providing high quality, accessible, and affordable educational opportunities and services to allow our students to develop to the full extent of their abilities, to succeed in a competitive global environment, and to be effective life-long learners.
Cara Beth Johnson, CPA
Chair, Business Division
View the Business Program Brochure
Business Division Mission Statement
The Business Division of Northern Oklahoma College provides high quality, accessible, and affordable business educational opportunities to expand relevant professional and technical skills for rapidly-changing workforce needs and develop students as effective learners that are team oriented business leaders within their communities in a connected and dynamic business world.
The Business Division of Northern Oklahoma College will be recognized as the premier provider of two-year business programs, promoting student success, collaborative learning, creative and critical thinking, and partnership with workforce for industry responsiveness.
- We believe in providing individualized instruction that lead our business students to achieving their academic goals in a welcoming and safe environment, utilizing the state of the art models of instructional delivery, up to date equipment, and the resources of skilled and innovative faculty.
- We believe in providing support to business students in and out of the classroom so that they receive a full college experience with diverse opportunities.
Community and Civic Engagement:
- We believe that educated citizens are necessary for a healthy and growing economy and that strong technical, analytical, communication, entrepreneurial and critical thinking skills and an appreciation for global business are cornerstones of business education.
- We believe in economic and environmental sustainability and the importance of enriching the intellectual, economic, technical and entrepreneurial resources of our communities.
- We believe in the inherent value of intellectual pursuit for both personal and professional growth, as well as in the need to prepare business students for 21st century professions.
- We believe that a knowledge-centered division is vital to a knowledge-based economy, and we measure our success against national models and standards of excellence, and by maintaining international accreditation through the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP).