Phone: (580) 628.6340
Fax: (580) 628.6695
Wilkin Hall – Office 202
1220 E. Grand
Tonkawa, OK 74653
Cara Beth Johnson, Chair
Student Support Services
Meet with an Academic Success Coach and learn how to:
- Set goals for now and the future
- Create better study habits
- Balance school, work, and life
- Communicate in difficult situations
- Connect with campus resources
This service is free to all NOC students. See the Academic Success Coaching webpage for more information.
Tutoring opportunities are available for students who need assistance with classwork:
- Each faculty member keeps at least ten office hours per week to assist students outside of class. These hours are posted on office doors and listed in course syllabi.
- Each campus staffs tutoring centers with peer tutors to provide guidance for subjects in which students have traditionally needed extra assistance–math, writing, and science.
- Online tutoring service Tutor.com (available through each course’s Blackboard page).
See the Tutoring Services webpage for more information.
Scholarships are available for qualified applicants. Scholarships available to Business students include:
- Earl G. Dodson Scholarship: Must be a full-time business student carrying a minimum of 12 credit hours and must maintain a grade point average of 2.5 or higher.
- Carol Diemer Memorial Scholarship: Must be a full-time freshman female student that graduated from Tonkawa High School and is majoring in Business or Ag Business with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Christine Marshall Memorial Scholarship: Must be a full-time Business or Criminal Justice student on the Tonkawa Campus that demonstrates financial need with a minimum GPA of 3.5 or higher.
- Curtis Jackson Memorial Scholarship: Must be a full-time sophomore student carrying a minimum of 12 credit hours and must maintain a 3.0 or higher.
- Tom and Judy Poole Scholarship: Must be a full-time freshman student on the Tonkawa Campus and is majoring in Business or Agriculture with a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Business Division Book Scholarship: Awarded annually to a business student in their sophomore year only.
- General tuition and book scholarships: All are welcome to apply.
Click Here for Scholarship Information and a List of Available Scholarships
Business is more competitive than ever before. People running businesses will be judged by how well they manage change, stay ahead of trends and learn the latest theories. Northern’s Business Division programs can train you in the many skills required to manage a variety of businesses and internships provide the opportunity to practice those skills while earning college credits. Contact the Business Division or Counseling Office for more information on how to jumpstart your career.
The following organizations have offered internships to our students: Atwoods of Enid, YMCA of Ponca City, Perry Carnegie Library, Foster Corner Drug (Perry,OK), Baskins/Stevens/Freeland PC, Robert Sherer CPA, Chilis (Ponca City,OK), Pawnee Nation College, James R. Rodgers, Attorney at Law, Farmers Insurance, Insurance and Financial Services, Mitchco Fabrication, Northern Oklahoma College Financial Aid Office, Peachtree City United Methodist Church (Peachtree City, Georgia) the United Way of Blackwell and many more.
Click this link to access the Resume Development Guide.
AccountingCoach.com was started in 2003 to help people throughout the world learn and refresh their understanding of basic accounting and bookkeeping at no cost. This free website contains explanations of major topics, QA, quizzes, and much more. Features such as links to definitions, quizzes, puzzles, QA, exams, videos, visual tutorials, etc. enable people to improve and retain their accounting and bookkeeping skills without the cost of tuition, textbooks, child care, and travel. All you need to increase your knowledge, confidence, and value is access to the Internet.
Careers and Employment Opportunities
Accounting Degrees Online, researches thousands of different accounting degrees, from Associates and Bachelors to Masters and terminal Doctorate degrees in Accounting. They provide detail on the different types of accounting specialties (there are over 30), and included in their database over 9,000 accounting degree programs online and at campuses at different colleges around the United States. Also, various information about accounting careers is provided.
ACBSP Career Center – Connecting Talent with Great Opportunities!