SUMMARY: Under the direction of and in collaboration with the Office of Academic Affairs, the Division Chair is responsible for all aspects of the academic division and serves as the primary spokesperson for the division. The Division Chair serves as a faculty member and provides leadership within the division and the college. The Division Chair performs his/her duties in the spirit of cooperation with divisional faculty. These duties are performed in a timely manner in consultation with the Vice President for Academic Affairs and in agreement with institutional policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Responsible for continued accreditation of the Nursing Division through the Oklahoma Board of Nursing and the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing.
- Lead the division in the annual revision of a strategic plan and submit budgetary and capital needs related to that plan, including requests for faculty, classroom/building needs, and equipment needs.
- Participate in the development and review of curriculum, programs, and degrees related to student learning, including assessment plans, curriculum updates, and the development of new and revised courses, programs, and degrees to reflect changing needs and priorities within the Nursing Division.
- Under the direction of the Vice President for Academic Affairs, supervise the faculty within the division.
- Participate in the hiring and evaluation of all faculty within the division and coordinate responsibility for hiring and evaluating adjunct faculty on alternate campuses with faculty liaisons.
- Oversee the Nursing Division Website information updates.
- Prepare designated reports required for the division by the college or by the Board of Nursing.
- Prepare preliminary course schedules for the division each semester.
- Coordinate textbook selections for the division, including all campuses.
- Be an academic graduation adviser.
- Coordinate divisional meetings each semester to involve all faculty in curriculum, textbook, and assessment decisions.
- Respond to student and faculty issues and provide guidance in resolutions.
- Monitor facilities and technology usage within divisional areas and submit updates needed.
- Provide leadership that fosters teamwork and professionalism among colleagues.
- Address other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: A minimum educational level of a master’s degree is required; teaching experience is preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS:. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, push, lift, haul, pull, reach, carry, grasp, squat or stoop, bend and twist the body while performing essential duties, use hands to operate controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk or hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants will need to submit an application form available online at www.noc.edu/faculty, a letter of application, a resume, three letters of professional recommendation, and current official transcripts to Human Resources, Northern Oklahoma College, P.O. Box 310, Tonkawa, OK 74653. EOE