SUMMARY: Receives cash from customers or employees in payment for goods or services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Receive and record payments
- Answer phones, type letters, and answer student questions regarding their account
- Balance cash drawer daily
- Process the main deposit, verify, and run reports
- Drop off daily deposit at the bank
- Provide weekly dormitory student meal counts to cafeteria
- Verify and code board billing for payment
- Put charges on accounts for ACT, Clep and Nursing Tests
- Process insufficient fund checks written to Northern Oklahoma College
- Update and activate student meal cards on Campus Commerce
- Assist students regarding their NOC CARD/ STUDENT ID
- Prepare monthly recharge invoices for copies, postage, printing, and travel
- Scan and Index files
- Prepare invoices for outside agencies as needed
- Work the box office for events in the Kinzer Performing Arts Center
- Assist other departments with duties that can be performed at cashier desk
- Maintain job manual for position with regular updates to describe processes when substitutions are needed
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The individual must have computer knowledge; the ability to read and interpret documents; ability to write routine reports and correspondence; mathematical skills; reasoning ability; the ability to effectively present information and respond to questions; and the ability to speak and write effectively. An understanding of the importance of confidentiality is vital.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: A minimum educational level of an associate degree and two years related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, push, lift, haul, pull, reach, carry, grasp, squat or stoop, bend and twist the body while performing essential duties, use hands to operate controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk or hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants will need to submit a letter of application, an application form available online at www.noc.edu/staff, a resume, Official College Transcripts and three letters of professional recommendation to Human Resources Department, Northern Oklahoma College, P. O. Box 310, Tonkawa, OK 74653. EOE INCOMPLETE APPLICATION PACKETS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.