SUMMARY: Northern Oklahoma College Tonkawa is seeking an Assistant Soccer Coach to assist with the management, supervision, and coordination of said program that competes in the NJCAA Division I – Oklahoma Collegiate Athletic Conference (OCAC). The Assistant Coach is primarily responsible for teaching, instructing and implementing skills and strategy. Additional occasional responsibilities could include recruiting, scheduling, facility maintenance, tracking student-athlete progress, and promote NOC student-athletes to university coaches.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Assist the Head Coach with teaching, instructing and implementing sport specific skills and strategy in practice.
- Establish schedules and make travel arrangements.
- Monitor academic progress and supervise study halls of student-athletes.
- Assist with the collection and posting of individual and team statistics to the NJCAA website.
- Assist with facility maintenance and preparation for practice and games.
- Be available during posted office hours for members of said team and students
- Compliance Responsibilities: Assist the Head Coach to insure that NJCAA and College policies and mandated requirements are correctly interpreted and met, and that documentation is maintained per Athletic Department policies and procedures.
- Ensure that all actions of coaches and student-athletes of said team are performed with the appropriate level of instruction, safety precautions, and training and that the physical well-being of everyone is taken into account in all that is done as a member of the program.
- Assist the head coach in regulating, publicizing and enforcing all team regulations regarding personal conduct.
- Successfully support and assist with the program for student-athlete recruitment as developed by the Head Coach.
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach.
- Other duties as assigned by the Athletic Director
QUALIFICATIONS: Bachelor’s degree required and a willingness to work towards a Master’s degree. Successful candidate may also have part-time teaching duties based on qualifications. Coaching experience preferably on the college level. Candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational skills, and initiative, as well as the ability to perform within a dynamic team environment. Weekend and evening work will be required. Subject to satisfactory Fair Credit Reporting Act Disclosure, which includes a criminal background check.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: The preferred candidate will have a minimum educational level of a bachelor’s degree.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, push, lift, haul, pull, reach, carry, grasp, squat or stoop, bend and twist the body while performing essential duties, use hands to operate controls, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs, talk or hear. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Applicants will need to submit an application which is available online at www.noc.edu/prospective-employee , a letter of application, a resume, Official college transcripts, and three letters of professional recommendation to Northern Oklahoma College, Human Resources, P.O. Box 310, Tonkawa, OK 74653. EOE