Apply Now

Scott Mansfield leaving for Enid AD’s post

Scott Mansfield

Cutline:  Scott Mansfield visits with an umpire during the 2023 season.  Mansfield is leaving NOC Enid after 13 years with the baseball program.

NOC Enid Baseball coach Scott Mansfield is leaving NOC to be the Enid High School Athletic Director.

“Leaving NOC Enid and Jets baseball was a tough decision but at the same time, exciting to be facing some new challenges head on,” Mansfield said. “Jets’ baseball holds and incredible place in my life with 13 years in the program.  I met my wife in my first year, mentored by a true legend in Coach (Raydon) Leaton, great advisement from Vice President (athletic director for a lot of it) and Coach (Jeremy) Hise, was able to build great relationships with the other coaches, and the support and relationships with our faculty and staff will forever hold a special place.”

“All that being said, I will miss the boys, the team, the dugout, bus rides and the conversations I was blessed with over the last 13 years,” he added.  “They were the ones who made this place so incredibly special and made the move so hard.”

Mansfield said he is excited for the next chapter.

“The next chapter is exciting but scary at the same time. Taking over as an Athletic Director was always a long-term goal so to be able to do this at this time, it made sense.  Now I’m able to oversee the growth of multiple student athletes and coaches all while being able to stay in the sports world. Going to be a steep learning curve but there is some great structure around me that will help me be successful.”

“I am grateful for my time with NOC Enid and Jets baseball and will forever cherish the memories I was able to create, because of the people that allowed me the opportunities to create.”

Mansfield has been with NOC Enid for 13 years, four of those as head coach. He was an assistant when the NOC Enid Jets won the National Junior College Athletic Association Division II World Series in 2019.

NOC will begin an immediate search to fill the position.

Northern Oklahoma College, the state’s first public two-year community college, is a multi-campus, land-grant institution that provides high quality, accessible, and affordable educational opportunities and services.

NOC serves nearly 4,000 students through the home campus in Tonkawa, branch in Enid, and NOC/OSU Gateway Program in Stillwater.  Of these students about 80% receive financial aid and/or scholarships. 75% of NOC students complete their degree with zero debt.

The college is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and offers associate degrees in three general areas: Arts, Science and Applied Science; the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs; and the Accreditation Commission for Education and Nursing.

For more information about Northern Oklahoma College please call (580) 628-6208 or visit the NOC website at www.noc.edu.

-30-