SECTION ONE: Campus Committees
SECTION TWO: Campus Activities
- The Student Senate has the power to appoint any campus committees it shall deem necessary to accomplish its official and assigned function.
- A. The Student Senate shall be the governing power over student activities.
- B. All student-oriented activities must be approved through the Senate by petition submitted one week in advance of the activity.
SECTION THREE: Assistance to the Administration
- The Student Senate members shall hold themselves available to give assistance to the administration whenever requested to do so.
SECTION FOUR: Elections
SECTION FIVE: Financing
- The Student Senate shall have the power to administer yearly campus-wide elections to offices covered in this constitution.
SECTION SIX: Power and Responsibilities
- The Senate shall sponsor, with consent of the administration, such activities and collect such fees as it shall deem necessary for financing its general student activities.
SECTION SEVEN: Authority
- The Student Senate shall assume any other powers and/or responsibilities mutually agreed upon by the administration of the school and the Student Senate provided such are, or become, incorporated as amendments of the constitution and by-laws.
SECTION EIGHT: Meetings of the Senate
- A. With the approval of the Student Senate, the Student Senate president can create any committees deemed necessary to accomplish the legitimate purpose and functions of the Student Senate.
- B. Committee members shall be appointed by the Student Senate president to serve at the pleasure of the appointing officer for a period no longer than his/her term of office.
- C. Any committees so named and established can be abolished by a two-thirds vote of the quorum.
SECTION NINE: Attendance
- A. The Student Senate shall hold regular meetings once each week of the academic year.
- B. The Senate shall have the responsibility of setting up the meeting time.
- C. Any variation from the normal meeting time shall be announced by the secretary to the members at least twenty-four (24) hours prior to the contemplated change.
- D. Special meetings shall be called by the president and/or the advisor of the Senate. Twelve (12) hours prior notice must be given for these meetings.
- A. Attendance at all meetings shall be mandatory unless the member is excused by a notice given to the secretary of the Senate prior to said meetings.
- B. Three (3) unexcused absences per semester will automatically put the member under Article VI, Section I.
- C. A vote of two-thirds of the total membership of the Senate shall be required under Article VI, Section I.