SECTION ONE: Membership
The legislative body of the college shall be named the Student Senate of Northern Oklahoma College.
A. General membership
- 1. There shall be five (5) senators to represent the classes: three (3) freshmen and two (2) sophomores.
- 2. Each residence hall shall elect one senator.
- 3. There shall be four (4) non-resident senators to represent the commuters.
B. Officers of Student Senate
- The six (6) elected offi cers of the Student Senate shall be president, vice-president, secretary, treasurer, reporter and parliamentarian.
C. Eligibility for Membership
- 1. To be eligible for election, the presidential candidates shall have attended Northern for one semester, have a cumulative grade-point average of 2.50, be enrolled in at least twelve (12) hours and be in good conduct standing with the college.
- 2. Each member must have a cumulative grade-point average of 2.00, be enrolled in at least twelve (12) hours and be in good conduct standing with the college.
D. Term of office
- 1. All members of the Student Senate shall be elected for a period of one (1) school year. 2. The regular term of office shall begin at the start of the school year.
- 1. Vacancies among senators must be filled within thirty (30) days by presidential appointment with approval of the Student Senate.
- 2. Vacancy in the office of Student Senate president shall be filled by the Student Senate vice-president.
- 3. Other vacancies in the office of the Student Senate shall be filled by election held within the Student Senate.
- 4. The presidents of the Student Senate and the Student Body shall not hold any other executive office on campus.