SECTION ONE: Election of the Student Body Officers
SECTION TWO: Election of Student Senate President
- A. Eligibility rules for candidates for Student Body officers shall be posted by the Senate secretary no later than the first Monday in April of each school year.B. All eligible candidates must file a petition for office with the Student Senate no later than Friday of the following week.
- C. This petition must contain the number of signatures decided upon by the Student Senate, this number being posted with the eligibility rules.
- D. Campaigning for offices shall begin no sooner than the third Monday in April, the time and place to be set by the Senate.
- E. Elections of the Student Body officers shall be held on the fourth Monday in April, the time and place to be set by the Senate.
- F. Ballots shall be counted by the senators who are sophomores and the Senate advisors, the results being posted by the Senate secretary.
- G. In the event of a conflict with spring recess, the date shall be set back one week.
- A. The candidates for Student Senate president must be freshman members of the Senate in the spring term preceding the fall term when they would take office.B. The Student Senate members will nominate one or more candidates from their freshman members. All nominations must be seconded.
- C. The nominating procedure will take place on the first Monday of April.
- D. The Student Senate will elect one of the previous nominees to the position of Student Senate president by a simple majority vote. This election will take place at the first regular Senate meeting following the nomination meeting.
- E. If no candidate is elected by the Student Senate, an open election for the office of Student Senate president will be held in the following fall term according to the procedure of the other fall elections.
SECTION THREE: Election of Senate Representatives
SECTION FOUR: Election of Student Senate Officers
- A. Election of senators to represent the sophomore class shall be held at the same time as Student Body officers and the election shall follow the same rules adopted for that election. B. Election of residence hall senators shall be held by the last school day in September following rules set up by that residence hall and approved by the Senate.
- C. Election of senators to represent the commuters shall be held by the last school day in September following submission of petitions to the Senate. The Senate shall have the power to set up the time and place for this election.
- D. Freshman senators shall be elected by the last school day in September following submission of petitions to the Senate. This election shall be held at the same time as the election for commuter senators.
- Election of Senate officers other than president shall be held at the time and place set up by the Senate itself.