Apply Now


Starting February 27, 2023, you will use your NOC student ID to log into the Financial Aid System. The financial aid office at Northern Oklahoma College is changing how you log into the Financial Aid Online system and the Financial Aid Online Student ID assigned to you prior to this date will no longer be valid. Shortly after the switch we will begin sending emails to the email address provided on the FAFSA for the processing of 2023-24 FAFSA applications. Please add to your contact list.

If you have any questions, please call 580.628.6595.

Northern Oklahoma College Summer Financial Aid Award Conditions

The amount of your summer aid has been computed to the maximum amount possible in accordance with your need analysis, remaining eligibility, and enrollment status for the summer term. In the event that this amount does not cover all your costs you are responsible for paying the balance from some other source. This aid may not be used for application fees or other fees you must pay prior to registration.  NOC has no obligation to make this aid available to you until after you have begun attendance in classes. You may charge your tuition and fees to your financial aid.  You may also charge books and supplies required for class at the NOC bookstore at either Tonkawa or Enid beginning one week before the summer classes begin. Go directly to the bookstore and tell them that you are receiving financial aid and wish to charge your books.  You will be required to sign a separate authorization allowing NOC to pay these charges from Title IV funds.

Disbursements: You must begin attendance in your first enrolled class before your Pell grant and/or Direct Loan can be disbursed.  For student loans, you must be enrolled in at least 6 hours before the first disbursement can be made. First time freshmen student loan borrowers: Due to federal regulations, you must wait until 30 days after the loan period begins to receive your first disbursement.

Pell Grants: Award amounts will be prorated before disbursement if you are not enrolled full time.  Your Pell grant will be disbursed to your bursar account approximately one week after you begin each summer class. Only the amount you can receive for the classes you have begun will be transmitted.   If you withdraw from a class before it begins or if you are withdrawn as a no show from a class, you will not be paid for that class.  You cannot be paid for classes you do not attend. 

Please note: If you are using the additional Pell for summer classes, please speak with a financial aid advisor before dropping a class, you must begin attendance in the 6 hours to qualify.

Direct Loans: Check your Disclosure Statement for disbursement dates.  Please remember that the date on the Disclosure Statement is not the delivery date.  Allow up to 14  days for processing in the Bursar’s Office before your refund will be available. Direct Loan funds will be disbursed after you have begun attendance and are enrolled in at least 6 hours or, if you are a new borrower, 30 days after you begin attendance in at least 6 hours. 

New students:  Be sure you have activated your NOC ID Card.  For help please contact the Bursar’s Office on the campus you are attending.

Satisfactory progress: You must maintain satisfactory academic progress to continue to receive aid. A statement of our complete satisfactory progress policy is available on the NOC Financial Aid web page.  Our SAP policy has undergone revision effective July 1, 2011 due to new federal regulations. BE SURE YOU ARE FAMILIAR WITH THE NEW REQUIREMENTS.

Refunds/Repayments: Withdrawing or reducing your course load may cause you to have to repay all or part of your federal financial aid awards, including the amounts the college will be required to refund to the programs.  You may also be placed on financial aid warning or suspension.  Please contact the Financial Aid Office if you plan to withdraw or reduce hours.

Financial Aid

Attention Students: When filing for FAFSA, the financial aid sends out emails to notify students of missing documents or award notifications. If you have filed a FAFSA application for the 2021-22 school year and have not received notifications from the financial aid office please check your junk/spam folder first and then contact financial aid at 580-628-6595 or

How can we help you?

Northern Oklahoma College financial aid offices are available to help you with your questions. To inquire about financial aid call the office on the campus you are attending. Please leave a voicemail and someone will return your call as soon as possible. Students and parents can also send an email through the link:

Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships at NOC!


Start to Finish: A Step by Step Guide to Financial Aid

Start to Finish is your road map to navigate through the financial aid process. This guide was created to help students and families apply for and receive financial aid and scholarships at Northern Oklahoma College.

Click here to Start!

Did you know…

Applications for financial aid can be secured through the Financial Aid Office. Northern requires financial aid applicants to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Northern’s Title IV Institutional Code is 003162.

Students may be requested to submit a copy of the most recent federal income tax transcripts. A package or combination of various financial aid programs can often be secured to meet the needs of the individual student in order that he or she may go to college.

Beginning July 1, 2010, the Federal Family Education Loan Program will no longer be available. Students will be eligible to borrow under the William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program.  See below for more information.

IRS Data Retrieval Tool Tutorial


Click here to fill out a Northern Oklahoma College scholarship form, or call NOC’s Scholarship office at 580.628.6760 for more information.

Federal Programs

Note, the following federal and state programs are subject to continuous change.

Pell Grants

The Pell Grant Award is a grant and, unlike a loan, does not have to be repaid. Pell Grant awards for 2023-24 may range from $7395 to $750 per year.  Students may receive Pell grants for 12 full time semesters (or the equivalent if attending part time).  For more information, contact the Financial Aid Office on your campus.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants

A limited number of Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants have been made available by the Higher Education Act of 1965. These grants are awarded through institutions of higher education to qualified students of exceptional financial need who would not be able to attend college without such aid due to lack of financial means of their own or their families. Grants are combined with other types of financial aid to the extent necessary to enable the student to meet his or her educational expenses.

Oklahoma Tuition Aid Grant Program

The OTAG Program is operated by the Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education. OTAG is a part of Leveraging Educational Assistance Partnership (LEAP) and may be funded in part by the federal government.  Grant awards for up to $1,000 a year are available to eligible Oklahoma students. All applicants are required to submit the FAFSA by December 1 for the following fall semester.

Federal Loans

Student Borrowers should monitor their student loan debt.  Excessive debt may impact a student’s credit score and the ability to repay the debt. Students can review their federal student loan history at  Twenty-six percent (29%) of Northern Oklahoma College’s 2022-23 graduates borrowed an average of $11,990 to complete their degrees.  Seventy-four percent (71%) of NOC’s graduates complete their degree with no loan debt.

A Cohort Default Rate (CDR) is the percentage of a school’s borrowers who enter repayment and default on Federal Direct Loans during a particular federal fiscal year (FY). Northern Oklahoma College’s FY 2019 CDR is 1.8 compared to the National average CDR of 2.3.

Federal Direct Subsidized Loan

Under this program a student will borrow directly from the federal government. These loans are either Subsidized (interest paid by federal government while student is enrolled) or Unsubsidized. Interest rates are currently fixed at 5.5%. Repayment will begin 6 months after the student leaves school or drops below 1/2 time enrollment. The subsidized loan amount is always based on demonstrated financial need and interest is paid by the federal government until you cease to be enrolled at least 1/2 time.

A dependent freshman student may borrow as much as $3500 subsidized per year. Sophomores may borrow $4500.

A Direct Loan disbursement will not be made if a student drops below 6 credit hours of enrollment.

Federal Direct Unsubsidized Loan

In addition to subsidized loans, dependent students may borrow up to $2000 more and independent students may borrow up to $6,000 more under the Unsubsidized Direct Loan program. Students who do not have demonstrated financial need may also borrow the base amounts of $3500 for freshman students and $4500 for sophomore students. Interest rates are currently fixed at 5.5% for unsubsidized loans. Repayment begins six months after the student has terminated his or her course of study. Unlike the subsidized loans, the interest is charged while the student is enrolled and may be paid while the student is enrolled or accrued to the principal.

A Direct Loan disbursement will not be made if student drops below 6 credit hours of enrollment.

Federal Direct PLUS Loans

Parents with good credit may borrow for each child who is enrolled at least halftime and is a dependent undergraduate student. The borrower must begin repaying a PLUS loan immediately unless they opt for a deferment on their Parent Plus application. Interest rates are currently fixed at 8.05%.

A Direct Loan disbursement will not be made if student drops below 6 credit hours of enrollment.

Vocational Rehabilitation

The State Board of Education through the Vocational Rehabilitation Division offers payment of tuition and other services to students who have substantial employment handicaps, provided the vocational objective selected by the student has been approved by a representative of the division. Applications for Vocational Rehabilitation from this area should be made to the Vocational Rehabilitation Office, Newkirk, Oklahoma.

Bureau of Indian Affairs Scholarship

The Bureau of Indian Affairs administers a scholarship grant program to those Native American students whose tribal membership records are maintained. Tribal Higher Education Offices administer scholarship and grant programs to students whose tribal membership is on record within those offices. Recipients must have a certificate of degree of Native American blood and have membership in a tribal group served by the BIA.

Federal Work-Study Program

Northern Oklahoma College participates in the federal work-study program. Student can be employed in a variety of positions on campus or in community service positions off campus. These might include tutoring elementary students in math or reading. Students employed in federal work study must have demonstrated financial need. Students are paid only for the hours worked. Apply through the Student Affairs Office.

Institutional Work-Study

Students who do not qualify for Federal Work-Study may be employed on the Institutional payroll.