Apply Now

NOC holds Virtual Graduation

Northern Oklahoma College’s Virtual Commencement Ceremony was held Saturday, Aug. 8.

Diane Anderson was the commencement speaker.

“This has been a trying few months,” Anderson said to the graduates. “This was not the graduation you planned but fortunately we have the technology to create this ceremony today.”

“I applaud each of you on your graduation and I give you a standing ovation.”

Anderson shared three key thoughts for graduates including relationships, finding purpose, and being fearless.

“Of all the things you learned in college, building relationships may be the most important,” she said. The good relationships you build will remain relevant.”

Anderson added that students should always be trying to find their purpose.

“My first job was a good job,” Anderson added, “But after a few years, I changed jobs because I found a job I thought would better fulfill my purpose.”

Finally, she told graduates to be fearless.

“Find your purpose and don’t be afraid to fail,” she said.

Diane Anderson, a native Oklahoman who grew up in Okmulgee County, graduated from Morris High School and earned her Associate of Science degree in Business Administration from Northern Oklahoma College in 1992. She also received a Master’s degree from the University of Oklahoma in Human Relations-Administrative Leadership.

She was named a NOC Distinguished Alumni in 2012.

NOC President Dr. Cheryl Evans also spoke at the ceremony along with Dr. Pam Stinson, Vice President for Academic Affairs.

“We were so disappointed that we could not share this moment with our graduates and their families,” said NOC President Dr. Cheryl Evans. “We chose the virtual graduation as the best option based on the current environment. Our top priority is the safety of our students and their families.”

NOC planned the Aug. 8 celebration hoping for a physical graduation but then switched to the virtual graduation due to Covid-19 concerns.

The ceremony is available for viewing at https://noccommencement.commencementreimagined.com/.

There are three videos one for NOC Tonkawa, NOC Enid, and NOC Stillwater.