The Dark Phase for our new Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system with Jenzabar One will begin tomorrow. Over the past eighteen months, NOC has been working with Jenzabar, Inc., on a new software system. It has been nearly 30 years since Northern has installed a new software system. This is an important transition and will be an important improvement for NOC.
This is a major opportunity for Northern to gain the advantages of new database technology to serve our students better and to make our own work smoother and more efficient. The system will help improve student advising, recruitment, retention, budgeting, event management, human resource services, and student life activities just to name a few of the areas that will benefit. In mid-November, all employees and students will be engaged with Jenzabar One as users and will enjoy the new user-friendly dashboards. Additional modules will be rolled out throughout the spring semester.
J1 Go-Live Schedule –
- TODAY October 22 at 11:59 p.m. is the last day to do business in the current system for everyone except Payroll; they go live in January.
- DARK PHASE – October 23 – 30 Data conversion from PX to Jenzabar One [Do not attempt to log on to Campus Connect or POISE]
- GO LIVE Phase 1 – Approximately November 2 -6 [Data conversion phase]
- GO LIVE Phase 2 – Approximately November 9 -13 [Final testing phase]
- All spring enrollment processes will continue, but will be handled manually. During the time of no electronic enrollment, students should work with their advisors directly to complete the paper Trial Study (see attachment) and return completed form to the Registrar’s Office.
- MyNOC portal (JICS) will be VIEW ONLY during this time. Any changes to student bill or schedule after Oct. 22nd will not reflect on myNOC during this down time.
- You will still be able to use PowerFAIDS (financial aid), Blackboard (academic coursework), JRM (student recruitment), and the NOC website throughout this process.
- All J1 production databases will not be available.
More information will be shared in the coming weeks about the enhancements to our new system. For assistance, students and employees should reference our online directory at www.noc.edu/directory. Thank you for your ongoing support during this transition.