Nursing Admission Requirements
Applicants with Current LPN License, please follow this link for your information and application.
All Other Applicants, please follow this link to the application.
Applicants must meet minimum program requirements for admission:
- College retention GPA of 2.85 in required courses OR high school retention GPA of 3.5 if no college credits
- Grade of C in required science courses
- HESI A2 composite score of 75%
Applicants must be accepted to Northern Oklahoma College prior to acceptance to Nursing. [Click here to apply to NOC]
- Applicants must request all official transcripts be sent to NOC Registration
- For priority consideration official transcripts need to be received one month before the admission deadline
- Any holds at other institutions will prevent the release of official transcripts to NOC
- Transcripts submitted by mail should be directed to:
Attn: Kathy Riley
Northern Oklahoma College
1220 E. Grand, PO Box 310
Tonkawa, OK 74653
HESI Admission Assessment
The HESI Admission Assessment (HESI A2) is required for all applicants. The HESI A2 must have been taken in the past three years and must include:
• English Language (Reading Comprehension, Vocabulary & General Knowledge, Grammar)
• Basic Math Skills
• Biology or Chemistry
The HESI A2 is scheduled through the NOC Testing Center. The HESI A2 can be taken twice in one calendar year, with three months between each attempt. HESI A2 results are available immediately after testing.
The official study guide is available for purchase through the NOC Bookstore.
Drug Testing Policy
Estimate of Expenses
Minimum Technical Requirements
Minimum Physical Requirements
Health and Immunization Requirements
Students are selected based on qualifications and space availability. Admission to the nursing program is competitive. Applicants may be invited for an interview as part of the selection process. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.