NOC Announces Distinguished Alumni
Mrs. Nevona Kegans-Bossert of Tonkawa, OK, Mr. Mike Loftis of Blackwell, OK and Mr. Bill Phelps of Dallas, TX will each receive the 2017 Northern Oklahoma College Distinguished Alumni Award, according to Jill Green, NOC Director of Alumni and Community Relations.
The highest honor that Northern bestows upon outstanding alumni, the award recognizes the achievements of former students whose personal lives, professional achievements and community service exemplify the objectives of the college.
Kegans-Bossert, Class of 1961, earned an Associate of Commerce degree, Loftis, Class of 1974, earned an Associate of Science degree and Phelps, Class of 1958, earned an Associates of Science degree. The three honorees will be inducted into the NOC Distinguished Alumni Hall of Fame during ceremonies at the annual Alumni and Friends banquet set for 5 p.m. March 25 at the Renfro Center, NOC Tonkawa.
Save the Date:
2017 Alumni and Friends Reunion Dinner - March 25, 2017
- January 19 - NOC Enid Homecoming vs. Connors Mabee Center, 5:30 p.m.
- January 20-22 - DMI 48-Hour Film Festival Memorial Student Union
- January 25 - Roustabouts Homecoming Show Kinzer Performing Arts Center, 7:30 p.m.
- January 26 - NOC Tonkawa Homecoming vs. Connors, 5:30 p.m.
- February 23-26 - Spring Musical Kinzer Performing Arts Center, 7:30 p.m. (Feb. 26, 2 p.m.)
- March 25 - NOC Alumni and Friends Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony Renfro Center, 5 p.m. (followed by Roustabouts Benefit Show, KPAC, 7:30 p.m.)
- April 4 - Jazz Band Concert Kinzer Performing Arts Center, 7:30 p.m.
- April 7 - Redbud Jazz Festival Kinzer Performing Arts Center, 7:30 p.m.
- April 9 - Roustabouts Benefit Show Kinzer Performing Arts Center, 7:30 p.m.
- April 20-23 - Spring Play Kinzer Performing Arts Center, 7:30 p.m. (Apr. 23, 2 p.m.)
- April 22 - Alumni and Friends Day at the Ballpark, David Allen Memorial, Enid, t.b.d.
- April 25 - Band, Choir and Chamber Singers Concert Kinzer Performing Arts Center, 7:30 p.m.
- April 30 - 22th Annual Gala Kinzer Performing Arts Center, 7:00 p.m.
- May 6 - Commencement, Tonkawa - 9:30 a.m. , Enid - 3:00 p.m.