Northern Oklahoma College corresponds electronically with account holders using the NOC email address. I understand I am responsible for regularly reading important information sent to my NOC email account and for taking action on any important correspondence sent to this address and adequate email space is available to ensure correspondence is received.
- I understand when I register for class at Northern Oklahoma College or receive any service from Northern Oklahoma College I accept full responsibility to pay all tuition, fees and other associated costs assessed as a result of my registration and/or receipt of services. I further understand and agree that my registration and acceptance of these terms constitutes a promise to pay my financial obligation (i.e., a financial obligation in the form of an educational loan as defined by the U.S. Bankruptcy Code at 11 U.S.C. §523(a)(8)) in which Northern Oklahoma College is providing me educational services and I promise to pay all assessed tuition, fees and other associated costs by the published due date.)
- I understand and agree if I drop or withdraw from some or all of the classes for which I register, I will be responsible for paying all or a portion of tuition and fees in accordance with the published tuition refund schedule at Northern Oklahoma College. I further understand my failure to attend class or receive a bill does not absolve me of my financial responsibility as described above.
- I also understand if I enroll in classes or my advisor enrolls me in classes at Northern Oklahoma College and I do not attend these classes, I am still held responsible to pay the required tuition and fees if I fail to withdraw by the published dates.
- I understand NOC uses an email notification as its official billing method when my billing statement is available to view online and I am responsible for viewing and paying my bursar account by the scheduled due date. I further understand failure to review my billing statement does not constitute a valid reason for not paying my bill on time. Statements are located online through myNOC.
- I understand and agree it is my responsibility to notify my parents/legal guardian of my account balance.
I understand and agree if I fail to pay my bursar account balance or any monies due and owed to Northern Oklahoma College by the scheduled due date, my account will be assessed a 10% finance charge on any past due balance and NOC will place a financial hold on my bursar account, preventing me from registering for future classes, requesting transcripts, or receiving my diploma.
- I understand and agree if I enroll prior to the financial hold being placed on my account, my enrollment is subject to cancellation if my balance is not paid to current. I also understand if I am participating in the Payment Plan and my payments are not current, my enrollment is also subject to cancellation.
- I understand and accept if I have an unpaid past due balance at Northern Oklahoma College and do not make acceptable payment arrangements to bring my account current, my account will be placed with an external collection agency. I further understand I will reimburse the College the fees of any collection agency, which may be based on a percentage at a maximum of 33.3% of the debt, and all costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, the College incurs in such collection efforts. This will be assessed to my bursar account and included in the balance due. Finally, I understand this will result in endangering my credit rating on a local and/or national level by being reported to all three credit bureaus (Equifax, TransUnion, Experian). The College will also exercise the right to request an Oklahoma State Tax refund hold to offset the outstanding debt.
- I authorize Northern Oklahoma College to contact me via current and any future cellular phone number(s), email address(es), or wireless device(s) regarding my delinquent bursar account/loan(s), or any other debt I owe to Northern Oklahoma College or to receive general information from NOC. I authorize NOC and its agents, representatives, and attorneys (including collection agencies) to use automated telephone dialing equipment, artificial or pre-recorded voice or text messages, and personal calls and emails, in their effort to contact me for purposes of collecting any portion of my account financial obligation which is past due.
- I understand and agree I am responsible for keeping NOC records updated with my current physical address, email address(es), and phone numbers by contacting the College. Upon leaving Northern Oklahoma College for any reason, it is my responsibility to provide NOC with updated contact information for purposes of continued communication regarding any amounts due and owed to NOC.
I understand my Financial Aid Award is contingent upon my continued enrollment and attendance in each class upon which my financial aid eligibility was calculated. If I drop any class before completion, I understand my financial aid eligibility may decrease and some or all of the financial aid be retracted. I further understand if some or all of my aid is retracted because I dropped or failed to attend class, I agree to pay all charges that the retracted aid previously paid as well as the aid that was refunded to me prior to the aid being retracted.
I understand once all my financial aid is applied to my bursar account, I am responsible to pay any charges still outstanding and new charges by the due date.
- I understand any federal Title IV financial aid received will apply to any outstanding balance on my NOC Bursar account for tuition/fees, housing/meals and books. I authorize NOC to apply my Title IV financial aid to all other charges assessed to my NOC Bursar account such as student store charges, parking fines or any other educational related charges. NOC/OSU Gateway students who have a bill through OSU, will not have their funds automatically applied to their OSU Bursar account. I further understand this authorization will remain in effect until I rescind it and I may withdraw it at any time by completing the Title IV Restricted form which I can get from the NOC Financial Aid office.
- I understand and agree if my account balance is less than $200, any future Title IV aid may be applied to my account to cover these charges. I also authorize my Title IV aid to cover my account balance for a prior year if it is $200 or greater and the Title IV federal funds are sufficient to cover charges plus prior year charges. I further understand this authorization will remain in effect until I rescind it and I may withdraw it at any time by completing the Title IV Restricted form which I can get from the NOC Financial Aid office.
- If my federal or institutional financial aid or third-party sponsor payment is either not received by Northern Oklahoma College or I lose my financial aid or sponsorship eligibility for the semester, I assume responsibility for paying all financial obligations.
- I understand if I have a student Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan, Perkins Loans, I am responsible for completing the required exit counseling upon leaving the College.
- I understand in the event I have a return check on my account I will be charged a $25 return check fee. I understand I am responsible for all dishonored payments which have been presented on my behalf. I understand if a payment is returned to the College by the bank and the payment was made to get enrolled, the Bursar may cancel my enrollment during the drop/add timeframe and may require certified funds for hold clearances.
- I understand Northern Oklahoma College is bound by the Family Educational Rights to Privacy Act (FERPA) which prohibits NOC from releasing any information from my educational record including bursar account information.
- I agree to comply with Federal law to furnish NOC with my Social Security Number (SSN) (or if I am not eligible to obtain an SSN, I will obtain from the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) a taxpayer identification number (TIN) to provide) for the College to meet the annual requirement of furnishing a Form 1098-T, Tuition Statement, which reports qualified tuition and related expenses associated with my enrollment. (Nonresident aliens that do not have income that is subject to tax are not required to supply this information.) If I fail to provide my SSN or TIN to Northern Oklahoma College, I agree to pay any and all IRS fines assessed as a result of my missing SSN/TIN.
- I am aware Oklahoma law has jurisdiction and any disputes arising shall be determined in accordance with the law of this jurisdiction.
- I understand and agree if I am younger than the applicable age of majority when I execute this agreement the educational services provided by NOC are a necessity, and I am contractually obligated pursuant to the “doctrine of necessaries.”