Apply Now

Dr. Michelle Keylon, Scott Morris inducted into NOC Distinguished Alumni Hall of Fame

Dr. Michelle Jeffries Keylon and Scott Morris were inducted into the Northern Oklahoma College Distinguished Alumni Hall of Fame Saturday night at NOC Tonkawa inside the Renfro Center.

Dr. Keylon (Class of 1992) is the superintendent at Francis Tuttle Technology Center while Morris (Class of 1991) is the boys’ basketball/golf coach at Stillwater High School.

Also recognized were the NOC Roustabouts on their 60th anniversary and the NOC nursing program.

The NOC Legacy Scholarship was awarded to Amy Cronister, an incoming freshman from Enid who will attend NOC Enid in the Fall of 2024.  Her father, David, is a 2011 graduate of NOC Enid earning an Arts and Science associate degree.  The scholarship award is $1,000.

Keylon was introduced by Karri Morrill (Class of 2003) and Morris was introduced by NOC Regent Jami Groendyke (Class of 2003).

Keylon praised NOC for their presence in the Tonkawa community.

“This is an amazing honor,” she said.  “I know the work you (NOC) do in the Tonkawa community and that is so important.  I feel like a grew up at NOC as I attended so many events here including dance recitals, prom, and other events.  It always felt like home to me.”

“I wouldn’t be here today without NOC and my family,” she added.

Morris followed his father’s (Gil) footsteps playing at Northern.

“I was one of the few high school players who fantasized about playing basketball at a junior college,” Morris joked.  “But playing at NOC was a dream of mine and I felt so fortunate the coach (Mick) Weiberg took a chance on me.”

He thanked the Weiberg family.

“They mean so much to me and how they influenced my life in so many ways,” he added.

Each was formally inducted by NOC interim president Diana Watkins.

“Northern is honored to recognize you this evening,” Watkins said to the new inductees.  “It has been my pleasure to visit with you and meet your family and friends who are here tonight to support you. We are honored that you chose Northern, and we are proud of your accomplishments and the excellence you bring to your respective fields.”

NOC has inducted 57 distinguished alums into the Hall of Fame.

Distinguished alums are selected during the fall, nominations are accepted starting Nov. 1.  For more information, contact Kayla Wooderson, Director of Alumni & Community Relations, at kayla.wooderson@noc.edu .