“PLC was a great experience for me. It provided me with many long lasting relationships, and it served as a great place to build and hone my professional skills. Furthermore, I enjoyed the camaraderie and positive atmosphere that was present in PLC. PLC consisted of motivated individuals that strived to perform their best and be positive ambassadors for the college. PLC was an enriching experience that I enjoyed thoroughly.” Payton Meyer was the President of PLC for 2021-2022.
“Being a member of PLC at Northern Oklahoma College was a wonderful, life changing experience! Not only was I awarded a scholarship, but also countless opportunities. We visited the Capitol, volunteered in our community, bonded as a group, and expanded our leadership skills along the way. The experiences and relationships I shared as a PLC member are something I will continue to carry with me throughout my life.” Ashton Linton, 2022 NOC graduate and PLC Tonkawa president for 2021-2022
“Being a member of the President’s Leadership Council at Northern Oklahoma College was an incredible experience. When I first enrolled and was accepted into the PLC, I was extremely introverted and didn’t know many people on campus, but that quickly changed as I spent more time in the program. During my time with PLC, I learned about what it meant to be apart of something important. With the support of our peers and outstanding professors, we helped make a difference on our campus and in our community through fundraisers, volunteer work, and simply being there for each other. This program taught me what it means to be dedicated to something bigger than yourself, and gave me many of the leadership tools that I still use today. I will forever be grateful for the lessons I learned, the bonds I formed, and the person I became in the hands of the President’s Leadership Council.” Dailyn Emery, Tonkawa PLC Member from 2020-2022
President’s Leadership Council (PLC) provides students opportunities to develop and promote scholarship and leadership qualities on the campuses of Northern Oklahoma College, provides support for recruiting for Northern. Membership is open to all students who have the Presidential Leadership Scholarship, the NOC/OSU Gateway Ambassador Scholarship, or the State Regents Academic Scholarship.
Qualifications to Apply:
1. 3.60 GPA or Higher
2. 25 ACT
3. Two Recommendation Letters – One letter from a school official and one letter from a community member, reflecting academic achievement, outside interests, and areas of personal growth.)
4. Applicant must also interview with the Scholarship Committee
Presidential Leadership Scholarship
The Presidential Scholarship will pay for the following:
Up to $7,000 per semester for 4 semesters total $28,000
Will cover all NOC related expenses (i.e. tuition, fees, room, board and books)
NOC/OSU Gateway Ambassadors Scholarship
The NOC/OSU Gateway Ambassadors Scholarship will pay for the following:
- Up to $7,000 per semester for 4 semesters total $28,000
- Will cover all NOC related expenses (i.e. tuition, fees, and books)
Required Participation as a PLC Member
All Presidential Scholars are required to participate in the following:
1. PLC Monthly Meetings (luncheons, general meetings)
2. Regents’ meetings and dinner
3. President’s Social for PLC members
4. Academic Contest
5. High School Quiz Bowl
6. Fall Retreat and Leadership development
7. 30 hours of campus activities with minimum of 10 hours per semester
8. 6 hours of community service
9. Active member in two Northern clubs / organizations besides PLC
10. Any additional leadership activities set by the PLC Executive Committee
2nd Year Scholarship Renewal
To be eligible for scholarship renewal, all recipients must:
- Enroll and complete a minimum of 12 credit hours and maintain a 3.25 grade point each semester and be working toward an approved Associates degree.
- Be an active member of 2 campus organizations (clubs).
- Attend all PLC meetings and required Council.
- Assist with a minimum of three (3) college activities.
- Assist with one (1) service activity per semester.
- Submit written activity/service report at each scheduled PLC.
- Be in good standing with Northern Oklahoma College.