We are looking forward to the fall semester to begin August 16! Our overall desires are to provide as “normal of a college experience” as possible this fall for our students. A key to maintaining a safe and healthy college is having as many of our students and employees vaccinated as possible. We cannot encourage vaccinations enough. Doing our part to protect the health and well-being of our NOC campus community in the face of COVID-19 has never been more official. We encourage everyone to take personal responsibility in following recommended guidelines, as only through a collective, cooperative effort can we help protect our campus community.
The information in our attached pandemic plan as well as on our emergency page https://www.noc.edu/emergency/ outlines expectations of NOC students and employees. This is not only to protect your health, but the health of our entire community. Your continued support of these guidelines is appreciated.
As new variants of the COVID-19 virus emerge along with the College’s recent weekly reports beginning to show some positive cases, the revised plan and safety protocols will be closely monitored and adjusted as needed based on the current conditions along with local, state, and federal guidelines.
In the newly-posted NOC Pandemic Response Plan, updated 8.13.2021, clarifications have been made in the following areas to further describe plans that are in place for safety:
- Updated Health Guidelines for the NOC Campus Community – New guidelines on vaccinations and upcoming large-scale vaccinations clinics
- Updated Health Guidelines for the NOC Campus Community – New COVID vaccination requirements for Nursing students
- Updated Health Guidelines for the NOC Campus Community – New face mask and physical (social) distancing guidelines
- Updated Procedures for Positive COVID-19 Case or Primary Exposure Contact – New CDC recommendation on quarantining
- Updated Procedures for Positive COVID-19 Case or Primary Exposure Contact – Updated guidance for employees
- Updated Quarantine Guidance for Individuals Fully Vaccinated Against COVID-19 regarding the Delta variant
- Updated College-Related Travel – Recommend masking and physical distancing in college vehicles
- Updated Study Abroad guidelines based on new variants of the COVID-19 virus
- Updated Campus Life Facilities – NOC food services (Enid/Tonkawa) with new guidelines from new food vendor Aladdin Dining
- Updated Wellness Center Hours
- Lifted restrictions on campus life facilities, photography guidelines, events, agricultural teams, fine arts department – All should follow the current NOC Pandemic Response Guidelines in place
- Updated Intercollegiate Athletics Program with preliminary 2021-2022 COVID-19 guidance
Northern Oklahoma College will continue reporting weekly on positive cases and required quarantine cases associated with students, faculty and staff. The Weekly Pandemic Situation Update will be posted on the emergency page by the close of the business day each Friday to keep the campus community informed.
Plans for the Operation of Northern Oklahoma College in preparation for, and during the 2021-2022 academic year are subject to change based on current COVID-19 conditions. NOC protocols are effective until amended in writing. Announcements and updated information will be posted when they are available on the college website at http://www.noc.edu/emergency/.