Welcome to the beginning of the fall semester at Northern Oklahoma College! Our overall desires are to provide as “normal of a college experience” as possible this fall for our students. A key to maintaining a safe and healthy college is having as many of our students and employees vaccinated as possible. We cannot encourage vaccinations enough. Doing our part to protect the health and well-being of our NOC campus community in the face of COVID-19 has never been more official. We continue to encourage everyone to take personal responsibility in following recommended guidelines, as only through a collective, cooperative effort can we help protect our campus community.
The information in our attached pandemic plan as well as on our emergency page https://www.noc.edu/emergency/ outlines expectations of NOC students and employees. This is not only to protect your health, but the health of our entire community. Your continued support of these guidelines is appreciated.
In the newly-posted Pandemic Response Plan, updated 8.22.2022, clarifications have been made in the following areas to further describe plans that are in place for safety:
- Updated Health Guidelines for the NOC Campus Community – Eliminated self-screening and lifted restrictions on physical (social) distancing guidelines
- Updated Health Guidelines for the NOC Campus Community – Updated department contact for Nursing students
- Updated Health Guidelines for the NOC Campus Community – Updated face mask guidelines and lifted restrictions on physical (social) distancing
- Updated NOC COVID-19 Self- Reporting Form – Eliminated contact tracing and primary exposure contact
- Updated Procedures for Positive COVID-19 Case – New CDC recommendation on quarantining or isolation (attached NOC Health and Safety Matrix for Employees and Students)
- Updated Study Abroad Guidelines
- Lifted restrictions on campus life facilities, photography guidelines, events, agricultural teams, fine arts department, and Intercollegiate Athletic Program – All should follow the current NOC Pandemic Response Guidelines in place
Northern Oklahoma College will continue reporting weekly on positive cases and required quarantine cases associated with students, faculty and staff. The Weekly Pandemic Situation Update will be posted on the emergency page by the close of the business day each Friday to keep the campus community informed. https://www.noc.edu/emergency/weekly-pandemic-situation-update/
Plans for the Operation of Northern Oklahoma College in preparation for, and during the 2022-2023 academic year are subject to change based on current COVID-19 conditions. NOC protocols are effective until amended in writing. Announcements and updated information will be posted when they are available on the college website at http://www.noc.edu/emergency/.