Reimbursement of Testing Fees
Did you know you can be reimbursed for some testing fees? Well, you can!
- You have to have applied and be eligible for GI Bill Benefits
- The testing fees are taken out of your entitlement, which will decrease the length of time you are eligible for benefits.
- Maximum reimbursement for an exam is $2000, but the VA will not pay above what it determines is the proper cost of the exam.
- At this time, Chapter 1606 and 1607 recipients are not eligible to be reimbursed for National Tests. They are only eligible for reimbursement of costs for professional licensure or certification tests.
- Application for Reimbursement of Testing Fees
Examples of National Tests eligible for reimbursement:
- College Entrance Exams: ACT, SAT
- Exams for College Credit: CLEP, AP, DANTES
- English Language Proficiency: TOEFL
- Graduate Program Entrance Exams: MAT, GMAT, GRE
- Law School Admissions: LSAT
- Medical School and Specialty Exams: MCAT, PCAT, OAT, DAT
Examples of Licensing and Certification Tests eligible for reimbursement:
- Real Estate Licensing, Bar Exams, HVAC Licensing, CPA Exams, Microsoft Corporation Exams, Oracle Corporation Exams, Medical Technologists Exams, Insurance Licensing Exams, and many more.
To search and see whether or not your exam is covered, go to this website:
If you are still not sure if the test is reimbursable, send in your reimbursement request anyway. Let the VA determine the eligibility of the test.