NOC will continue to update its pandemic response plan as needed to reflect new guidelines from the health and scientific community, as well as input from all of our constituencies. In the newly-posted Pandemic Response Plan, updated 8.21.2020, clarifications have been made in the following areas to further describe plans that are in place for safety:
- Added Table of Contents
- Updated NOC COVID-19 self-reporting form
- Updated application for campus activities and events
- Updated procedures for positive COVID-19 case or primary exposure contact for students and employees
- Added COVID-19 cases, reporting and notifications
- Added Covid-19 testing sites information
- Updated college-related travel for in-state day travel on a case-by-case approval process
- Further guidelines for all athletic activity, including approved practice dates
Northern Oklahoma College will be reporting weekly on positive cases and required quarantine cases associated with students, faculty and staff. The Weekly Pandemic Situation Update will be posted on the emergency page by the close of the business day each Friday to keep the campus community informed.
Campus community members who are directly impacted by any particular case will be notified directly by the Health Department and/or campus officials to ensure privacy and confidentiality, as required. Consistent with the public health department and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) protocols for infectious disease response, any campus community member identified as having had primary contact with these individuals while on campus or at a campus-affiliated location will be notified and may be told that they need to quarantine. Facilities that have been visited by those who test positive and/or had symptoms of illness will be temporarily closed if appropriate and then thoroughly cleaned and disinfected.
NOC employees will receive a student notification letter via e-mail from Jason Johnson, Vice President for Student Affairs, informing them that one of their students is in quarantine or self-isolation. Please note, this student notification does not mean the student has tested positive for COVID-19, and the student may not have exhibited symptoms. Anyone at risk of primary exposure will be notified by the Health Department during the contact tracing process. Anyone NOT directly contacted by the Health Department should not be concerned at this time.
- NOC Pandemic Response Plan http://www.noc.edu/emergency/.
- Weekly Pandemic Situation Update http://www.noc.edu/pandemic-updates
- For any follow-up questions, please send an email to email@example.com.Your question will be routed to the appropriate NOC emergency response team member to address.
- Find answers to Frequently Asked Questions about Northern operations for students, faculty, staff and parents on our website http://www.noc.edu/frequentlyaskedquestions.
Plans for the Operation of Northern Oklahoma College in preparation for, and during the Fall 2020 semester are subject to change based on current COVID-19 conditions. NOC protocols are effective until amended in writing. Announcements and updated information will be posted when they are available on the college website at http://www.noc.edu/emergency/.